THE | Fectoprine

Friday, March 12, 2010

Shadows Progress

So today I bought iWork for my laptop for $75 from work, thus getting rid of the additional step in starting up Pages. To celebrate, I did some actual writing, which is more than can be said for Monday onwards. In fact, I did over 1500 words, knocking up C3's word count to 3623 so far (yes, it seems contradictory of my last post, but I deleted a lot of one particular scene because it was crap before).

So far, Shadows is following the same kind of thing as If You Have An Enemy in the sense that it's significantly different from the chapters before it - there isn't really any strict focus characters when it comes to what the narrator actually follows; rather, it presents what's going on with the characters sometimes indirectly. Shadows basically starts right where Come With Us left off, so it's sort of getting the ball rolling a little more than C2 did. In what I have written so far, it has introduced a very important location. I'm still not sure if I'll be introducing any new characters until I feel I have fleshed out the mains so far (Eric, August, Jai, Marie, Seth). But this is undoubtedly going to be following an ensemble, so who knows...

Right. 12.24am. I'm going to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment