THE | Fectoprine

Saturday, March 6, 2010

C2 Writing and C1 Responses

I've just completed the first draft of Chapter Two, If You Have An Enemy. Indeed, I'm at least a week late in doing so, but it is pretty much done now. I have 11 days left on my Pages trial (the word processing software I am using), which means the first two chapters of Calibre took 19 days to complete. Considering I work full time and the chapters are rather long, that isn't too bad. Oh, and Chapter Two is 6352 words long at the moment.

While I do consider it to be complete, I am definitely going to revise it tomorrow when it is a suitable time - it just struck 3AM, and so I frankly cannot be assed to do something like that right now. It may or may not bump up the word count a little, as no doubt what I have written between 1AM and now is probably pretty sketchy, but the events won't change much.

Compared to Come With Us, If You Have An Enemy is less description intensive and has more dialogue than its predecessor. It follows Wyre, a new character, and Seth, who was introduced in C1, but not really developed at all.

Speaking of Chapter One, I have received a bit more feedback since my last post. I sent the chapter to Charlie, and in return had it sent back with a series of notes which have proven to be very useful (detailing things that the others didn't really mention, particularly consistency of writing style). Jared's "Kane is a God." response was very encouraging, to say the least.

Stephen also read it, responding with "I enjoyed Calibre. Action Jackson. V. nice." on my Facebook wall, although going on to argue that the end of Chapter One was rather terrible. However, as will hopefully become at least a little clearer in If You Have An Enemy, it was important for this to happen. The others just thought that that particular calibre may be a little overpowered. I'm still waiting on a response from Damian (www.oddscribblings.blogger.com) and Nicole.

As I've said before, chapters from now on are only going to be given to an exclusive few, and I probably won't be sharing Chapter Two until I am completely content with it (so, no, you won't see anything like herpy derpy in it).

So now... I'm going to sleep, damn it. 'Night, nobody.

No comments:

Post a Comment