THE | Fectoprine

Monday, March 22, 2010

Ripples - Complete

Finished the fourth chapter of Calibre today after doing the majority of it on the weekend. I'm not sure what to say about it because I'm not sure how I feel about it... But I'm sure I will revise it and fix some oddities up.

As I will be housesitting from tomorrow night, I hope to actually finish Chapter 5 by the weekend so I can make a promising start to Chapter 6 on Saturday. Somehow I doubt that will happen, though. :P

Because I'm tired and in a state of can't be fucked, I'm going to list the song references in Calibre so far for no particular reason.
  • Come With Us, the title of C1, is by The Chemical Brothers from the album of the same name.
  • If You Have An Enemy, the title of C2, is by Leafcutter John from the album The Housebound Spirit. Unlike C1, this track actually suits the chapter.
  • In All The Wrong Places, the title of C3, is by Ulrich Schnauss from the album A Strangely Isolated Place.
  • Ripples, the title of C4, is by The Orb from the album Okie Dokie It's The Orb On Kompakt.
  • Pen Expers, the name of "the facility" mentioned in the first three chapters and named in C4, is by Autechre from the album Confield.
  • The location Echo Beach is named after the song by Martha & The Muffins.
  • The term "little fluffy clouds" is used in C3, referring to the song Little Fluffy Clouds by The Orb.
  • The presence of a path on Green Hill is purposely mentioned to refer to the song Green Hill Path by Wisp.
  • The Treefingers is referring to the track from Radiohead's Kid A.
That's all I can remember from the top of my head. There's probably a couple more. -shrugs- cbf.

No comments:

Post a Comment