THE | Fectoprine

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ripples progress

It's nearly 5pm on a Sunday afternoon and I am 4669 words into Chapter Four, now titled Ripples (after the song by The Orb). It's unfortunate that I did not get much writing done over the week to ensure I would have a solid momentum to getting it done sooner than this, but I still hope to be able to print out the completed draft tomorrow afternoon. I'm having a break at the moment, but I'm pretty confident I'll get it done.

What it's about has changed since my last update, too: it has three timelines going on and probably won't feature August at all. Instead, it will be following Ian Treale, a scientist in a time of the Fectoprine where competitors are actually called the gifted; Sebastian Wyre, about a week before the hotel incident; and finally, Eric and Marie on Green Hill, where they meet the infamous Treefingers.

It should be a more interesting chapter than Chapter 3 in the sense that it is finally shedding light on what is going on, and is easing in the last few characters who are going to be essential for the rest of the novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment