THE | Fectoprine

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Chapter Three renamed and completed

After Chapter Three evolved to be fairly different to how I imagined it at first, the title Shadows did not quite fit with the what occurred, so it has been indefinitely renamed to In All The Wrong Places, named after the Ulrich Schnauss song from his album A Strangely Isolated Place.

Oh, and it's finished. Without a revision, it is currently sitting at 7212 words. This means that in my first 30 days of writing Calibre, I've written a total of 21249 and completed three full chapters. My deadlines are not based on word counts but just completion of chapters, and so I have managed to meet my own a few days ahead of schedule. I hope by this time next month, I'll be able to post a notification regarding the completion of Chapter Six. ;)

In All The Wrong Places is unlike the other two chapters in the sense that it isn't totally strict with who it follows - its main purpose in the story is to outline what happened to the characters after Come With Us and bring the two timelines into perfect synchronization. It has a bit of action orientation, particularly with Jai's part, and also actually names the 'redhead' who appeared in If You Have An Enemy.

I'm looking forward to writing Chapter Four, as I don't really feel obligated to do anything. With Chapter Three, it was really about time that I said what happened after the Building #12 incident at least. But Chapter Four will hopefully introduce some new important characters, and will definitely begin to lean towards letting on what the hell is going on. :P

Right. No moar typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment