THE | Fectoprine

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

5 Days

Today is the 10th of February, 2011; my deadline for the second draft of Calibre is on the 15th. This is going to be interesting - I missed one deadline of about 6 "blocks" my writing was structured in, so I'm really hoping I can get it done. It really depends on tomorrow - that is, how long I'm at work before I can go back home.
I have fixed the first nine chapters, so five remain. I wish I could say I'm intending to simply do one a day, but that really isn't the case because of other commitments. Chapter 10, Between Us and Them, is going to be mostly rewritten (although it isn't a particularly complex chapter compared to the one that follows it); as is the final chapter, which was a real rush job back when I wrote it. A few weeks after finishing the first draft, I touched up the ending a bit, but it still isn't adequate in my eyes.
So yeah. Tomorrow and Saturday are going to be busy days. The main thing is I really do feel the second draft is much better so far, with far more light shed on the intentions of the characters - "good" and "bad" alike - which really gets the mood the way I want it: a little disorientating and not black and white. That sentence sucked. I'm so tired. Moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment